Draw Molecule with Mouse

Wei

Draw Molecule with Mouse

Wei
Using the "draw molecule with mouse" mode, I have no idea how to actually draw anything.

I can click on -CF2- -CH2- -CH=CH- and -CHMe- to add to the size of a chain. However, the periodic table does not do anything. If I wanted chloroethane, for example, clicking on Cl does not actually replace a hydrogen with chlorine after selecting an arbitrary hydrogen atom.

How do I draw molecules?

Re: Draw Molecule with Mouse

agilemolecule
Administrator
Wei wrote
Using the "draw molecule with mouse" mode, I have no idea how to actually draw anything.

I can click on -CF2- -CH2- -CH=CH- and -CHMe- to add to the size of a chain. However, the periodic table does not do anything. If I wanted chloroethane, for example, clicking on Cl does not actually replace a hydrogen with chlorine after selecting an arbitrary hydrogen atom.

How do I draw molecules?
Drawing is done by holding Ctrl+Shift (tip on the panel Draw).
You can also find some useful tips in the menu Help->Graphic shortcuts.